- Shaping Businesses To Prosper™
M.E.T.A.L.® Law Group, LLP is a full service law firm that has a solid reputation for consistently delivering stellar results to its clients. Our attorneys practice in core areas of law that are critical to the success of entrepreneurial businesses, including Business Law,
Intellectual Property Law, and
Labor Law for employers. We primarily represent businesses that operate in the innovative M.E.T.A.L. segments -
Action Sports, and
Lifestyle Brands. We have also developed affiliations with attorneys across the United States, and in key foreign territories, such as Great Britain, China, and Brazil, so we can facilitate legal services internationally.
Many of our clients use the firm as thier "virtual" In-House Counsel to handle any legal issues as they arise. Other clients prefer to use us for specific legal matters. Examples of our services include Business Affairs Outsourcing,
Branded Entertainment Deals,
IP/Brand Protection, Independent Film and Reality Television
Production Counsel, and
Labor Law Services for Employers.
Also, to get great information about Entertainment Law you can check out our Lawyers Rock blog.
We offer different pricing options to fit the reasonable budgets of most projects and buisineses.
Notable Recent Firm Successes:
- Played principal role in the sales of indie films, television shows, and other content to major production companies, networks, studios or content providers
- Served as Production Counsel on indie film, television, and content projects
- Negotiated deals for entertainment and tech products or services with content providers in multiple countries, including Australia, Brasil, Canada, China, Estonia, Germany, Great Britain, India, Japan, Korea, and The Netherlands
- Drafted and negotiated hybrid contracts to fit creatively structured deals that involved multiple spaces, including interactive entertainment
- Helped startup businesses with business and legal affairs, including seed and early series fundraising efforts
- Structured creative Branded Entertainment ventures between Talent and Fortune 500 companies.
- Represented clients in transactions with major companies, including NBCUniversal, Sony, EMI, Warner Brothers, Warner-Chappell Music, Pepsi, Disney, Summit/Lionsgate, Nickelodeon, Electronic Arts, Crown Publishing Group, Tapout, Parco Parco Co.(India), and Dentsu (Japan)
- Rendered trademark clearance, registration, and prosecution services for clients with extensive IP portfolios
- Represented businesses and projects spearheaded by celebrities and high net worth individuals, including online content distributors, film festivals, animation projects, food and beverage companies, apparel and accessory lines, video games, nightclubs, dating websites, and other innovative businesses
- Conducted seminars on topics that were relavant to the evolving new frontiers of law, including IP/brand protection, business and legal affairs, strategies involving nonprofits, and asset protection
- Successfully settled or litigated disputes involvings contracts, real estate, intellectual property, and corporate matters
- To date we have successfully defended all employer clients from incurring any liability from labor claims